Safety Training Refund Program
When you are a Merit NL member, a portion of the yearly membership fees you remit for your benefit plan will be set aside for you in the form of a training refund.
When you are a Merit NL member in good standing, a portion of the yearly membership fees you remit for your benefit plan will be set aside for you in the form of a training refund. This training refund is designed to help provide our members with financial assistance to obtain and/or update mandatory safety training for their employees, allowing you to remain sustainable and competitive in today’s changing industry. Application intake annually in Q1 of each year.
- Your company must be an active Merit NL member in good standing to be eligible to participate in the Safety Training Refund Program.
- Refund available for Hour Bank Plan and Office Supervisory Plan employees.
- Approved courses eligible for funding are as follows: Fall Protection, First Aid, Confined Space, Forklift training, Aerial/Scissors Lift, Occupational Health and Safety Committee Training.
- Courses must be offered by an accredited training provider.
- Refund for training completed the previous year by Merit NL member employees.
- Training refund amount will be based on the number of employees registered under your benefit plan membership for the previous year.
- See refund criteria:
|# of employees in previous years plan||
- An annual notification complete with Participation Form will be posted each January with a March 31st submission deadline.
- Annual Training Refund submissions must include the Participation Form and copies of training invoices c/w certificate backup.
- Email submission to email@example.com